Neumeier Nursery was established in 1968 at 3300 North “O” Street by William August “Bill” and Jo Ann “Jody” Neumeier.
What began as a family operation, with three children and three greenhouses and a cold frame, soon filled up all the available space and found themselves looking for more “growing” room.
In 1976, the nursery was moved to 3327 North “O” Street ~ almost directly across the street. At this location, which consisted of 5 acres & a historical house built in 1904, there was finally room to grow. More greenhouses were added and shortly after the relocation, a floral department was added in the original carriage house and Neumeier Nursery & Florist, Inc. was established.
Bill and Jody have been joined in the business by their son Joseph.
Joseph has moved to the management position in the nursery department. After several years of working with the family business, William, Jr., the older of the three children, decided to establish his own food business in downtown Ft. Smith. Check out his websites at Rib Room and Papa’s Pub & Pizzaria. Our daughter, Lisa, worked several years with the family business. Lisa’s joy of weddings and events inspired her to branch into businesses of her own. Check out her websites at The Barn by Two Brothers and L Designs.